DVI to VGA

all it amounts to is a higher definition of the picture...similar to hdtv in that it is sharper and clearer than analog (vga). but it actually loses in frame speed when gaming as it takes a little longer to bring to focus the picture frame rate. This is only really noticeable in extreme high ended games or with benchmarking and should not be an issue with ordinary gaming.

Yeah, DVI does give a better signal since its a digital interface. Many monitors support this now, and many video cards do also as you tend to get a VGA port and a DVI port with a card.
This has an advantage also though for someone with two VGA monitors, since DVI has the capability to hold Analog signals too or in other words VGA, and so you can connect two together to get dual screen (Needs a special adapter that may come with your card. Using this method doesn't improve quality over standard VGA)

If you have a digital monitor though, like TFT, or even LCD ones I think would, maybe some CRT ones too, put it into the DVI instead.

I hope this helps :)

RGB Analog - This would mean it uses standard VGA.

In which case, if you have a video card that only support DVI, you could just get a DVI to VGA adapter to plug the two up together.

I would think though if you had a DVI video card, and was getting a new monitor, you might want to get a DVI one though since the quality difference would be very good. It'd be like switching from standard composite, to RGB like I did on my home console (dreamcast) once (never went back)

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom