Linux free?

you can get linux free, i cant remember the website, its a pain in the arse to setup, another thing, you cant play all games with linix

90% of all linux os's are free..

Mandrake, redhat, Lindows/linspire, Freebsd, netbsd, suse.. The list goes on and on..

The reason they are free is that the code for linux is in open source. You can pay for these operating systems. Only difference is that you get a cd, manual and technical support.

xx cobra xx said:
you can get linux free, i cant remember the website, its a pain in the arse to setup, another thing, you cant play all games with linix

Linux is no harder to setup than Windows...

xx cobra xx please read the full thread before posting your words of wisdom, and now to quote my quote...

Wombat said:
Most of the Linux distro's are free to download, or for a few dollars on cd. Go here to Distro Watch and have a look at the various distro's and from where to get them from.
Wombat said:

If you're curious about that OS, and want to tweak it, then get it.
But don't do it just because it's free.

how can you format only a part of your hard drive? Do you have to partition it then reformat it?

2 ways..

One is start clean, save and wipe all info from teh drive. Using a disk utility you can partition a portion of the drive. this will make 2 drives.

Or if you have info (IE: windows) You can use a disk utility like partition magic. This will move your information for you and then partition the drive with out loss of data.

Back
Top Bottom