Firearms? Whos got em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spank..

Not a problem.. I understand.. Dont know if you read all the previous posts but I have a 22 relover that I got for my son.. Seems people got the impression that I just "gave" it to him and let him go wild.. What responsible parent would do this?

I have them trigger locked and locked up in my safe.. I Believe that if you own a gun that you need to teach your children at a young age about weapons and let them shoot them.. You can teach and preach all you want but the curiousity of shooting may get the better of them..

Once they know the dangers of this they are less prone to take it out and fire it..

because there are reckless people that use weapons unwisley doesn't mean I should get punished for this.. This seems to be the mentality of people these days.. This is why most of us gun nuts take the 2nd very hardly.. I know a few people that have that on a card in there wallet..

Of course you shouldn't be punished for other people's mistakes! That's exactly what I wouldn't want, either. I would just rather have people inconvenienced in getting a firearm than have people be punished very harshly (getting shot) by others' irresponsibility.

i like the way Kage mod post was locked and this post has not been. That's not fair as his post was doing to harm and breaking no rules :mad:

technoman said:
i like the way Kage mod post was locked and this post has not been. That's not fair as his post was doing to harm and breaking no rules :mad:
Sorry to highjack your thread guys. I have to answer this post by technoman.
The first thread by kage was removed by his request. The thread you made is the second thread on the same subject matter.
Now for the very last time Kage will not be given any mod powers back to him. You're beating a dead horse. No more threads. Period.

AND technoman David has posted in this thread. so he's aware of the content of this thread.

no its not a problem i have a lot of respect for you because you are a great mod i just thought it would be nice to have Kage as a mod! Is that so wrong :(

You're beating a dead horse
I beleive the term is foggin a dead horse :p

Ummm...
anyway, back to the guns?

I have to agree, gun amnesties only affect the law abidding, I knew this when they banned hands guns (nine years ago in britain)...
Now they plan to ban the sale of replica guns, because the police need to know who the real criminals are who can kill people and who the kids are who can shoot pellets at people and possibly cause a nasty bruise!

I agree with what Spank_fusion said, the ight to own guns doesn't necessaril mean you should, I mean I have a right to sit in my house naked, but I don't, I have a right to freedom of speech, but I don't allways choose to exercise it.

Like I said, using a gun can be a very enjoyable experiance, I know this, since I have used guns, I understand that point. but people owning guns should also eralise how dangerous they can be, and how the freesale f guns has made them a common danger in society.

Does anyone else see a problem with the 'sensible' people sing the second ammendment as a right to own a gun, The whole point is that you can have a gun, you can start an army, and you can kill people. the whole point of the ammendment was that people could have guns for the purpose of a personal law enforcement capacity, your right to shoot paper targets r tin cans is not protected, but our right to form an army and go kill people is constitutionally protected.

technoman, if you want to debate over firearms, go here. Otherwise, talk about any firearms you may own (thats the topic of this post :) ).

Have any of you fired an M1 Garand? I've shot a few clips through it and it made me realize how much it would have stunk to be on the other end :p

technoman said:
i have a question., would you give your kids a knife?

Sure my kids own knives as well as guns. Never had any problems with those either. (They are locked up in the gun safe too btw)

Methost said:
Sure my kids own knives as well as guns. Never had any problems with those either. (They are locked up in the gun safe too btw)
and thats where they should be, anybody who leaves their guns out where kids can get them isn't a responsible parent. I don't know of anyone who would give their child a gun and not teach them about gun safety or just let them "go wild" with it, thats stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom