outlook express in xp

skutter2

Beta member
can anyone help me? i have just upgraded to windows xp home from 98 and now i can't send emails it just says an error has occured and nothing else, i can receive emails but cannot open them

you might check your proxy settings and everything on connections and make sure yeah personally i don't use explorer but i'm sure you'll get help

navigate:
start>control panel> add/remove and in add/remove select the "add/remove windows components" tab when it comes up then look for OE and if it is checked...then uncheck it. If it is unchecked,then check it. then hit next and let the wizard uninstall the program.
Reboot
Now renavigate back and then either check or uncheck the box to have it reinstalled. You will need your xp install disc so have it handy.

Yeah. A great alernative to this program by the way is Mozilla Thunderbird. It syncs well with Microsoft Outlook Express, giving you all your contacts and all, plus has a junk filter which works very well too.

Find it here:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

I'm not saying this as a work around to it, since that problem can probably be fixed using the above suggestions. I'm just saying its a good alternate to it.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom