Installer wont work?

ACES WILD

Daemon Poster
Last night, i downlaoded the BF2 DEMO, this morning when i came down to install it, whenever I click on the installer it just crashes my folder that it's in, and does nothing. is anyone else having this problem with BF2?

i doubt it, i got it from EA, so it shouldnt be. and also since so many people are trying to get the demo the download goes at like 11kbs a second, and for a 530meg file that takes a while!, o well i guess i might give it a shot...

Hmm, stange.. it might have been corrupted yes.

I'm waiting on getting my BF2 until the final release because by then my new computer will be out. Right now it won't run.. (check the minimum requirements of the Demo!)

They reccomend a video card with "at least" 256MB RAM.
They reccomend a system with at least 512MB.
Plus, they only support a few video cards..

I'm so glad I was planning on building a new system for gaming a while ago, or I'd have to start today for sure.. hehe.

Yeah. Some places you download (mirrors) can have corruptions, maybe if your internet connection spikes at one point, or the severs do something weird.

its always best when you choose a mirror, that its the closest one too you, and if it says, the most available one

Check my specs in my sig, my computer can definatley run it, and on the website it says they recomend a 128mb gfx card no a 256. my comp could and will run this game just fine. it is probably the installer, that stinks though that i have to redownload it at such a crappy speed.

========================================================================
System Requirements
========================================================================

- Operating System
Windows XP (32 Bit Version)

- CPU
Battlefield 2 supports the following processors:
Intel Pentium 4
Intel Xeon
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition
Intel Celeron D
AMD Athlon XP
AMD Athlon 64
AMD Athlon 64-FX
AMD Sempron processor

- Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500
with 128 Mb of RAM

- Recommended Specification:
CPU: 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 1 Gb
Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM

- Video Cards
Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

I don't see your 6600GT (AGP) under the video cards..
Heres the site: http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/files/demo/

hehe a 6600GT is def good enough to run that game in high settings, just because they don't list it dosn't mean it can. I mean the FX 5700 series listed at the bottom is worse than the 6600GT.

Also, he says clicking on the installer crashes it, so hasn't had chance to install it to try the game out.

I'd advise downloading from another mirror like i suggested, a closer and more reliable one. Maybe one linked to there site or something :)

and besides, my secondary comp has a 9600pro 256mb, and the installer does the same thing, so im thinking it's a bad installer.

Back
Top Bottom