Best Ram?

Johnh

Baseband Member
what are the best companies for ram as far as being reputable and reliable and whatnot? if anybody has some ideas for me that would be great!

thanks!

John

Corsair RAM is one.. their really great.

Some people like Corsair XMS and some people like Corsair ValueSelect..
XMS is better performance (lower latency) but it depends on your budget.

alright thanks for the advice.
im thinking about getting some corsair xms 1gb (2x512) dual channel.

also can someone explain to me what "dual channel" does, and the pros and cons of it

thanks alot!

Dual channel basically gives the RAM more bandwidth to the motherboard and so the CPU when two modules are used (2x512mb for instance) (about double) though both the RAM modules and motherboard have to support the feature to work. So it gives a little boost when used.

You'll be doing good with that RAM and its definitely more worthwhile getting 2x of somthing than 1x of that 1gig value.

Here is a bit about it:

Features of DualDDR memory architecture include:

* Highest memory bandwidth: DualDDR combines the power of DDR400 with two independent memory controllers, which yields a staggering 6.4GB per second of memory bandwidth—twice the memory bandwidth of other DDR400 chipsets. Increased memory bandwidth delivers better system and graphics performance, resulting in more overall productivity.
* Lowest latency: Both memory controllers operate concurrently with each other to hide latencies associated with typical chipsets. For example, controller "A" reads or writes to main memory while controller "B" prepares for the next access, and vice versa. As important is the second-generation DASP (dynamic adaptive speculative preprocessor), which has been re-architected for improved performance.
* Most stable and flexible memory system: End-users can now populate higher density DIMMs, up to 1GB each, to utilize the entire 3GB memory address map. This large memory map allows more applications, audio and video streams to coexist without conflict.

I hope this helps :)

Ballistix tracer! Its really quick and looks really good

Picture033.jpg

Yea I agree, I like those lights, especially since they move :D Would remind me of knight rider :p

Try not to go for those ones with the programmable text by the way that I've heard about. Even though they look pretty, the latencies aren't high, especially if you want to overclock, but still isn't exactly bad RAM.

haha, thats pretty funny. It would look great on modded PC's though, and Basalix Tracer RAM is also very good.

Back
Top Bottom