computer doesn't boot!!!

liloutlaws

Beta member
Over the past year I have been having numerous problems with my computer. And after months and months of on and off debugging I have came to the conclusion that it was the power supply that gave me my problem.

Now that I have a new power supply. My computer sometimes has problems either shutting down or booting up. Sometimes I will go out for 10 minutes and when I come back all I see is a black screen on my computer. Now it can't be the power supply because I had two brand new power supplies and it happened to both. Its not the ram because I have done over 8 hours of memtest with no errors. I have reformatted my computer so there are no viruses. I am starting to think...could it be my hard drive?

My old power supply did fry about a month ago. I am thinking in that time, could it have fried my hard drive?

Usually after a day's rest.. My computer will return to normal. I have no idea why? But my temps read about 45 C, so its not hot.

if i leave the computer on long enough, it seems to freeze at the windows xp screen..and then i see the blue screen of death..and then it restarts. I can sometimes get into safe mode, but it takes forever.

Any ideas would be appreciative.

Thanks!
Tony

its practically brand new...

2.4 ghz northwood
1 gig of corsair ram
msi 865 pe motherboard
450 w ocz modstream power supply
western digital hd is about almost years old 8 mb cache

it boots in..just seems to take forever now..and it randomly restarts too

OK try this...go to hdd website and download the utillity for that hdd. run it and it will test it for you and see if it has any problems. after that we will try something else..process of illimination. but I think that it will come back to your memory myself.

Back
Top Bottom