Do you have to format a DVD-RW?

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
Do you have to format a DVD-RW? If so how? the reson i'm asking this is because i just bought a couple and when i burned to them it said complete with no errors but there is nothing on the disk.

I've had problems like that with CD-RWs. I generally try to stay away from RWs as I've never had a good experience with them. In your case, it could be many things. Perhaps your particular burner works differently than most, or maybe the discs are bad. You shouldn't have to preformat like that. Test the discs on a friend's burner, if possible. If they work, then the burner probably doesn't work right. If they don't, the discs are probably bad. Something else to consider is what program you are using to burn. That might be screwing things up, too.

Dishdog said:
I don't think all 5 are bad,at least i hope not.

It could just be that the particular brand of discs you are using don't work right with your particular burner.

Dishdog said:
Do you have to format a DVD-RW? If so how? the reson i'm asking this is because i just bought a couple and when i burned to them it said complete with no errors but there is nothing on the disk.
YES
It's called incd.

I've never had this problem happen to me, so I do not really know of a fix. Can you try one of the dvd's around at a friends place. If they don't work there, it could be crappy dvd's.

All my friends are poth,lol. they don't have DVD burners(no offence to someone who doesn't have one). i'll see tomorow what people have to say. it's now 3am and i'm going to bed,lol.

Back
Top Bottom