Question about burning mp3

TOOLER

Solid State Member
I was burning MP3s to a disc (to listen to it on my discman that reads mp3 format files) when the process stopped, saying it failed. There was 1% left for it to finish.

However, then I checked out the CD and it contained the whole 174 mp3 files. Later on, I listened to it on the discman and it worked ok.

What may have gone wrong? Do I cause any damage to my discman by playing a 'failed-process' disc on it?

Thanks for your time.

TOOLER said:
I was burning MP3s to a disc (to listen to it on my discman that reads mp3 format files) when the process stopped, saying it failed. There was 1% left for it to finish.

However, then I checked out the CD and it contained the whole 174 mp3 files. Later on, I listened to it on the discman and it worked ok.

What may have gone wrong? Do I cause any damage to my discman by playing a 'failed-process' disc on it?

Thanks for your time.
The big answer is NO.
Obviously nothing "went wrong" then.
But did you play and hear all the tracks you expected ?
Can you even remember them ?
It probably missed some. :mad: You overloaded. :eek:

i am guessing that as the burning software came close to the end it probably could of crashed, but it showed you that is was 99% complete when all in reality it was already done. If you want, try to burn another mp3 formatted disc and see if you have any more problems

medabomb2000 said:
i am guessing that as the burning software came close to the end it probably could of crashed, but it showed you that is was 99% complete when all in reality it was already done. If you want, try to burn another mp3 formatted disc and see if you have any more problems
When you prepare a burn it will tell you it's too much.
Is that so hard to understand ?
Learn how to do it.No not here,though.
Read the instructions and observe what the hell your doing.
:eek: :D :)

Ummm.... wow. Calm yourself. It is quite possible that the burning program underestimated the amount of data being burned or overestimated the size of the disc. It happens especially when the amount of data is very close to the disc limit.

spank_fusion said:
Ummm.... wow. Calm yourself. It is quite possible that the burning program underestimated the amount of data being burned or overestimated the size of the disc. It happens especially when the amount of data is very close to the disc limit.
BS learn how.

My ? is are all the tracks there.I don't even know what software yet.
With Nero 5.5 it won't happen so calm down and cool it.
This isn't a guess but how i learned,so i am trying to answer this post.
It isn't "quite possible my way.

Back
Top Bottom