New Video Card

danby said:
But would it be possible to remove the existing card from the AGP slot and install a new one there?

I have my eye on the GeForce MX 4000 128MB card.

That card will not work in your system .Please read the other post I made and refer to the link so you can see the difference in the card.

GEEZ- Thanks Lurkswithin. I looked all over the place for that. I guess I must have missed it.

Hmmm.. Are there any video cards that would work that are 128mb?

I'm would like to be able to run a couple of games like GTA: San Andreas, and the Hitman series on my computer. Maybe a couple of other ones. So I'm not looking to pay a large amount of money for a new card, if that is possible.

Nvidia rules...

The mx4000/128 is 4x/8x only. The mx400/64 is good from 4x down to 2x. The mx400 will do justis to 3d and gives a sharp clear picture with smooth edges. Lot of bang for the buck.

well...

Let me put it this way. I had the mx400 in a p3 which is 1x/2x. I took the card and installed it in my p4 which is 4x/8x. Worked just fine. That card is so flexable it's spooky. The mx4000 is not so flexable. It's either 4x or 8x or not at all. The mx400 I have is the eVGA.com model. $50.00USD.
Be sure before you buy.

Edit: Hey lurkswithin get down with yo bad self. I might look into getting one of those for my p3.

Um...

Sorry about the double post but what kind of ram do you have in that thing? DDR or sdram?

Back
Top Bottom