Check your index.dat files where all your history is recorded and updates.

Thanks...

Let me get this clear. You scan for the files. Tell it to create the batch file then reboot. Right?

I haven't used it to clear them as I have a batch file that clears them on each boot. You can also use spiderbite. Here is the batch file for the boot clean.

In Win2K or WinXP, deleting Index.dat -- even systemwide for ALL users! -- without coughing up money for any commercial software, is a snap. Here's how:
In the Registry, go to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

and insert a new String Value (call it ZapIndex if you like). In the data for ZapIndex, put this command:

%ComSpec% /c del /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\index.dat"

You can also put this command into a batch file, such as ZAPINDEX.BAT (or .cmd) and store it hidden in the root of the C: drive. Then the registry key can simply call that program:

%ComSpec% /c C:\ZapIndex.bat

If you store this value in the RUnOnce key, it will do just that: run once at the nexrt reboot of the machine. If you want it to run daily, put it into the Run key instead of RunOnce

Use notepad and create a file called Zapindex and put it in C: root. then copy this into it.

%ComSpec%/c del/s/q "C:\Documents and Settings\index.dat"

No problem. It's a new one to me. Thx.
Actually I prefer the bat file as it cleans on every boot without any input from me.

Back
Top Bottom