Firearms? Whos got em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would love to flame your bum but i have to go and meet the girl friends i will flame you when i get back ... :)

is my b'day after all ;)

Note: If you do you will be subject to disiplinary action by the mods.

BuzzStPoint said:
Any Airsoft or Daisy bb guns count..
I started my 9 year old last year with a bb gun..

He's 10 now and I bought him a 22 revolver.

wtf? youve given a 10 year old a revolver? wtf is wrong with you? hes still a kid, how is he supposed to have the responsability to own a gun?

i think guns should be banned, like they are in the UK...

Go drown youself.
yes, drowning is bad, lets ban swimming pools... /joke

NO I dont see a problem with what I have written.... When a gun is used in the proper manner it is very enjoyable..

Ahh, but you didn't write that, I realise a gun can be enjoyable for many many reasons,

I've been to a shooting gallery before, though only with air guns, and I reasonise that there is a skill involved, and it is enjoyable, I shoot tin cans to win prizes when the fair comes into town.

I've been hunting and kiled things, (though only for rabbits, pigeons and pheasants, -and yes they made a lovely dinner)...

the only reason I bought a plastic BB gun was because me and a group of friends were on holiday, we bought the guns, then ran around be beach and cliffs all day shooting each other with little plastic balls, (that don't realy hurt)...

anyway, the thing I said
"dont you see a problem with what you have written"

was in response to

Weapons, have given people the freedom to speak there minds in the world and I'll be damned if anyone is gonna try and take away my right to bear arms..

like I said if you need a gun to guarentee that you get a voice then the chances are you are saying something that most people disagree with or something that just isn't right...

if you need to have a gun to feel powerfull then you should seek counseling, for your poor self image.

What are you giong to do if someone does try to take away your right to bear arms? shot them? (I mean chances are they won't be armed if they are against guns)...

in my opinion bearing arms should either be a service (to your contry as a part of a trained army) or a privillage (as a member of a sporting club), I don't think that just anyone should have a right to bear arms, -and that is exactly why you have irrisponsible people with guns, becase they have a right to be able to own a gun, and if anyone were to try to stop the irrisponsible people owning a gun, the (supposably) responsible people start with the "it's their rights" or "from my cold dead hands" routine...

As I said, I enjoy guns, in a sporting capacity, and I think any sane person is responsibl when it comes to a deadly weapon.

but a right to own a deadly weapon, that you can keep in your bedside draw... (that's just crazy!!!)

technoman that was a prety harse thing to say,

but statistically you actually stand more chance of gettin shot in your own home if you own a gun than if you don't.

technoman said:
i would love to flame your bum but i have to go and meet the girl friends i will flame you when i get back ... :)

is my b'day after all ;)

Flame my bum.. You mods think your so special.. GOt Badge? Flash it..

Happy birthday..

Note: technoman and kage are not mods, but I am. Read my post below.

What you think I said,
"Here son, heres a gun go play..."
Boy you people are stupid.. It all comes with responsibility. Teach them how to use, shoot, safty. Lock up when done.. etc...

Kage said:
In America, could you actually use these weapons for self defence if someone started attacking you in your house? Or is it an offence to do that anyway? I know it is here... though I tihnk were aloud to use some force but not in the means of harming them...

Depends. If someone is in your house robbing you of all your belongings, You "Cannot" shoot them. The only grounds for using weapons or deadly force in your own home, is if you or your familys life is in immediate danger. Theres no assuming the bad guy has a gun, If one assumes and shoots em, and later to find out they are unarmed, Your getting major time. I know its wrong, but thats the law here in California Atleast.

I honestly feel if your in my home, or trying to steal my car, I have every right to shoot you dead right where they stand, but unfortunately the laws suck over here.

AmericanSensei

how has a 10 year old got hte responsibility to have a revolver? i dont think that a 16 year old is responsible enough, and some adults are not responsible enough, it is stupid and crazy to let a 10 year old have a revolver... imho...

technoman said:
guns should never be given to people like you.. how f**ckin crazy are you Americans .. you complain about gun crime but you lot let 6 and 10 yr olds shoot them .. I will be staying away form you lot.

I really hope your kids don't kill them selves because of you.

My kids have been shooting since they were 5 and I would bet that YOUR kids would be much more likely to have a gun accedent then mine would be. Considering they they have taken gun classes, safety classes and because they are exposed to hunting and to guns, they dont think guns are a neat toy. Kids who are not exposed to guns or trained on how to use and handle them are the ones that have the accedents.

if you need to have a gun to feel powerfull then you should seek counseling, for your poor self image.

Terrorists highjacked planes using nothing more than box cutters Killed thousands of people (9-11).. Hmmm Bann guns.. Should the US highjack some planes and fly them into terrorists camps?

actually I watched a erconstruction documentry the other day, and there was one gun involved.
also an explosive device, and the thousands of people were killed with the aid of two high velocity huge steel objects and a coulpe of very tightly packed tall concrete boxes...

Thats besides the point though... -those people were clearly crazy anyway...

The point I was trying to make is that you are no more free with a gn than without a gun,
yes, sometimes force is needed to resolve conflict and create freedom, but do you live in so much fear that you actually feel the need to be armed?

do you really feel that you are not free to express yourself without a gun?

I mean you are manageing perfectly fine on here to express yourself freely, and before today nobody here even knew you had a gun...

Ahem!!!

The language in this thread is totally unacceptable. I understand the passion of the posters in this thread. But flaming is not tolerated. Vulgar language is not tolerated.

Now technoman and kage are not moderators but I am. And I know every one in this thread. They all have posted before and have been good members. This sudden change of face has been brough to my attention and now I have to deal with it according to the forum rules.
So this will serve as first warning. I hate to do it but the rules have to be enforced equally accross the membership or there will be chaos.
I have saved a copy of this thread and gone back and edited the bad parts out.
BUT
If I see any more of these outbursts, I'll start handing out some days off. Just remember Giancarlo got booted out for doing things like this.

I'm done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom