General Questions on the 6800GT

iflabs

Baseband Member
Alright, I want to upgrade my EVGA FX5900XT card to a 6800GT. I have some questions pertaining the upgrade.

My PSU - I've never had a problem with my stock Antec 380W that came with the Sonata case. Currently I have have an Intel 2.8GHZ Prescott, Audigy 2ZS sound card, 80W 7-speakers, 120GB HD, 1GB Ram, and FX5900XT running. If I were to upgrade to a 6800GT card, would it abosolutely require a upgrade on the PSU too?

What about the manufactuer? EVGA seems to be a very popular company to buy video cards from. Is there any real differences between companies? As of now, I'm opting towards an EVGA 6800GT.

I think you will be fine with the psu to be ghonest mate although if i was u i would upgrade to a ATI, they are the best video cards

The speakers are probably self-powered, too. If they plug into an outlet on their own then they take no power from the computer.

you might want at least 400 watts. And there isnt really a difference between companies, its just the fact that some companies use better coolers. I know that you can buy a copper heatsink from eVGA and it wont void your warrenty.

Steven11 said:
I think you will be fine with the psu to be ghonest mate although if i was u i would upgrade to a ATI, they are the best video cards

Your telling me with your icon your going with ATI. I aint going to argue with you, but I have a 6900GT from Leadtek. Thing rocks. Im not going to say anything contraversal IE "If i was u i would upgrade to a ATI, they are the best video cards" anyways with the upgrade to a 6800GT you will not be fine with your current PSU. The 6800GT suck massive juice. You will have to get soemthing like a 500w to completely use the 6800GT graphics. Currently i have a 470w PSU and i cant run my Video card and full. Never the less i cant OC it....

A good card is a 6800GT from Leadtek the one i have. Currently it is one of the best. I would get an Ultra though. It has a HUGE copper heatsink on it. takes up two slots. So if you dont have room for it i dont recomend it :) Other then that its an affordable upgrade for the 6800GT.

i can OC, my 6800GT to Ultra and maybe a little more. So why pay an extra amount of money to get a little mit more juice when you can save money and still get the same amount?

Duzz said:
Your telling me with your icon your going with ATI. I aint going to argue with you, but I have a 6900GT from Leadtek. Thing rocks. Im not going to say anything contraversal IE "If i was u i would upgrade to a ATI, they are the best video cards" anyways with the upgrade to a 6800GT you will not be fine with your current PSU. The 6800GT suck massive juice. You will have to get soemthing like a 500w to completely use the 6800GT graphics. Currently i have a 470w PSU and i cant run my Video card and full. Never the less i cant OC it....

A good card is a 6800GT from Leadtek the one i have. Currently it is one of the best. I would get an Ultra though. It has a HUGE copper heatsink on it. takes up two slots. So if you dont have room for it i dont recomend it :) Other then that its an affordable upgrade for the 6800GT.

wtf 500w will run 2x6800ultras in SLI mode and a audigy 2 zs gamer and 4 optical drives and sata hd and a ide hd, no problem at all. what do you mean you cant run it at full? btw the 500w that im talking about has the 3500+ O/C to 2.4ghz and the video cards massively o/c. computer works fine

21k 3dmark03

Back
Top Bottom