HeeeeeLP ME

akifbayram

Beta member
Image125.gif

I really cant get this. THat first hard drive came with my computer, a ST340014a. 33.6 GB.

The second hard drive, or with a comlact flash icon is a old hard drive from before 2000 and is 18.6 gb, or WDC WD200eb-00bhf0

dont mind the optical drives. The drive that has a memory stick icon on it is really suposed to have a complact flash icon. It is a 6 or 7 in one card reader form zio corp. It acts as two drives and the otheer drive is called removalbe disk. it is suposed to have memory stick icon on it.

THis all doesent cause anytthing but it really annoys me!!!!!

I have intalled and uninstalle every drive and teh dives themselves and updated everything but no!!@!

System Restore
EDIT:You know, I had the same problem with a removable storage attache 2.0 and a network drive, I had to uninstall them and do a system restore.

y not, i mean. im 13 years old, i dont have a moded computer and my comp is squsied into a small area. its just a samll thisgn that reads cards thats not bigger than ur palm

It looks like your drive letters simply changed around and some program just uses certain letters to associate the drives with... I would assume that, at least seeing as my comps don't ever show anything like that(the type of device)

Maybe i can put a little better info into this...
XP has a known issue about using Flash Drives and having too many drives in your system already. For some reason when a flash drive is installed and windows should give it a letter designation of "G" or above, it gets screwy and either doesn't show it at all or will change icons and designate different letters to it and cause a lock up. The most common error is the drive not showing at all.
The work around this is to remove all the temp (flash drives) and then re letter your optical drives to a higher letter such as "x" then "Y" working backwards in the alphabet.
to change the letter designations of a drive:
1.Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.2.Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance. 3.Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management in the left pane.4.Right-click the drive, the partition, the logical drive, or the volume that you want to assign a drive letter to, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.5.Click Change.6.Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK. 7.Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drive letter change.The drive letter of the drive, the partition, or the volume that you specified is changed, and the new drive letter appears in the appropriate drive, partition, or volume in the Disk Management tool.

Back
Top Bottom