This Is A Strange Forum.

Thanks for the offer...

We already have some folks in mind. It's just getting down to getting a final desition made.

If you dont like it find another. Got a problem post it the suggestions board. Dont come on the social lounge to try and rally up people to make a new forum.

Many people like it the way it is. So stop moaning

silly silly people... acting like little kids...

General Computer Hardware And Software
General personal computer discussion and troubleshooting help goes here. Talk about your experience with computer products good or bad. Post pictures of your modified computer case, cards or new water or general cooling systems.

does not say

Pers private play ground
The place you go to get advice from a person without community spirit

I know it was a little harse to write that, but you need to realise, the posts that you make healping people are only going to be view by a certain number of people, namely those with problems, like the person who first started the thread, or some other people trying to help...

Occasionally somebody may use the search function to find a thread that has some relevant advice to one of their problems,

Consider this, there are (to my knowledge) at lease 5 threads regarding what is the best anti virus, each has a few hundred views,

basically what I am saying is people are more interested in the technical side of computers, rather than the pretty boxes, but people tend to make new threads rather than drag up old ones even if the advice is relevant but they need just a little more help...

Certainly you cannot change human nature, if people want to post their pictures of their workstations they will, and people will view them...
In case (pun) you hadn't noticed computer mods are one of the next big things in the computer world, (hence the accrylic cases, and other things such as cases that cost a few hundred dollars, when other cases are available for a few dollars.)

people want to show off their computer, and given the oppertunity they will...

(and as for living in the ages of a banned member, I'm sure setishock said that Gian only had a temporary ban and would be back).

spank_fusion said:
I'd like to help, but I doubt you guys would consider someone you don't even know.

I personally, don't think that being known (being buddies) is the right quallifications for any job. Surely it helps. But if they made you a mod tommorrow, I am sure it is because David thought that you could do the job. Period.

There are 6 'gallery' threads, there are 7,916 help and tech threads.

Say each tech thread gets 30 views = 237,480 tech views

Because gallery threads are stuck, they are crawled everyday by search engines increasing their count when they are not really viewed that many times by users, since the other threads sink down, they do not get this chance.

Gallery views = 18,000 minus search engines show in server logs = 9,000 views.

Tech views 237,480 , tech gallery views, 5000. This is a tech forum.

Who cares if you only get a couple responses. You solved the problem congradulations would you like a cookie? We all don't have to post and give you a pat on the back. Yea, we have those case threads but look how many problems we have solved. Don't make it sound like you are the only person who is doing this.

Starr said:
Who cares if you only get a couple responses. You solved the problem congradulations would you like a cookie? We all don't have to post and give you a pat on the back. Yea, we have those case threads but look how many problems we have solved. Don't make it sound like you are the only person who is doing this.
we all get cookies, (unless yo don't wnat them) thats how the forum knows who we are!

root said:
we all get cookies, (unless yo don't wnat them) thats how the forum knows who we are!
Wrong sort of cookies root, cookies as in Polly want a cracker... :p

I totally agree with seti, he can't do everything(Cough Cough I could help Cough Cough,lol). A lot of the questions asked get answerd. thats about all that matters, sure there is a lot of stuff that just cluters the forum up, but those things are fun to read and make you want to come back when you don't have a problem yourself. and for people not looking at threads o well, as long as the question gets answerd. i personally look at almost all the threads in General Computer Hardware And Software because most of what i now is from this forum, and to learn about computers is the main reason i'm here. if people don't care why a burner or something isn't working, why would they look at it?

Just a last note i think David is doing an amazing job on this forum and should be proud of what he has made.

Back
Top Bottom