GEIL Memory... Any Good?!?

medabomb2000

In Runtime
Hey Everyone,

I have been researching some DDR2 PC2-4300 chips, and Geil came up as one of the companies that sells that speed. I was just wondering if they are a good company to go with to use as a DDR chip in my computer. If anyone knows of Geil or has used their DDR chips, Please just tell me some feed back on their hardware. I would appriciate it greatly.

-Medabomb

I Was Going To Get Geil, Until A Few Folk On Here Told Me To Go With Corsair.
So I Guess Geil Aint The Dogs Cahooners Lol.
Woz

Geil isnt a bad brand, Corsair is just a little more widely known and more reliable in a sense.

Ive been looking at jeil and they do look nice. The choice is yours my friend. Ask around a bot more and look at some reveiws

I checked out some reviews, and it said that they were really good for high quality and good for their speed... The reviews sumed up to say that they are a pretty new company but they will be one of the bigger ones once people notice the quality of the hardware.

Yeah, I have 1 gig (2x512mb) of Dual Channel 3200 speed RAM made by GeIl. I've had no problems :)
Though if your into overclocking, I haven't really tested how far they can be pushed with my system (though 3200 speed RAM (the max mine can go) isn't supposed to be that great for overclocking anyways)).

It's true that there are more widley known companies, but you can be sure that they are not bad ones by all means.

Same. I recently bought some Giel ram (dual channel totalling 512mb) to boost my comp up to 1 g and it's really good ram. No problems at all. Plus, they came with heat spreaders so I'm really happy.

Yeah at least if it coems with heatspreaders, you know its going to be cool, and would probably overclock more if you wanted it to, rather than having none.

I know its not important, but I also liked the look of the RAM, blue casing (in other words, a metal heatspreader) and the nice metal GeIl logo sticking out in the middle. Very practical and lovely.

Back
Top Bottom