Building new comp.

habook2

Baseband Member
I'm building a new comp and need guidance along the way. Suggestions welcome. I want it to have excessive speed, normal-ish hard drive space, Midi, FireWire, and USB 2.0 ports.

And a new question: How much SDram is equivalent to how much RAM? Because I've found 256 mb of SDRAM for a reasonable price and was wondering how many to buy.

I know I'm double posting sorry but

I've found a motherboard, a video card, a case, a processor, a burner, a cd drive, a sound card, and 1 gb SDRAM, and a floppy drive. I'm pulling the hard drive from this comp and putting it in the new one. I have a monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse, and printer alrady, I'll just use these. The case comes with a 400w power supply. Do I need anything else? Like more SDRAM or something?

Well, post all the items you're getting so we can check to make sure nothing will conflict. There are a lot of things that have to work together, and if you have something that's incompatible, it won't work. Also, I don't know why you're insisting on SD RAM, but ditch it. Stick with the current DDR RAM. Anyway, post links to all the components, and we'll check it out for you.

oh sorry do you live in the uk or us, i will post u a few links if u are in the uk, cus thats all the websites i know dorry lol.

US, I've found all the parts though and am waiting for approval by other members of these forums for compatibility and approval by my parents whose money I'll be spending.

First of all, that Intel processor is socket 478. The motherboard is socket 939. Socket 939 is for certain AMD processors. You have to get matching sockets there. Also, I don't believe the RAM is compatible, either. The motherboard is rated at DDR 400 or PC 3200. I might be wrong, but I don't think the RAM you chose will work. Also, the video card you chose is a PCIe x16 slot. The motherboard only supports AGP video cards. You will have to change that as well.

first off, the RAM you chose as stated above, wont work. Why? Because its DDR2, currently, Nforce4 chipsets only support DDR. You will want to go with a nForce4 chipset if you want pci express which i highly recommend. Then for the processor get a 3000+ Venice or 3500+ Venice whichever one suits your budget.

Back
Top Bottom