War on Terrorism

setishock said:
You can train a noob to get better at a game, but all you end up having is a trained noob. Same as a noob, just trained.

You seem to be taking pot shots at noobs which is not very friendly around these parts. How about changing that and not to another noob comment. Thanks.

There is a difference between a noob and a newb. I dont see that sig as a potshot at newbies.

Methost said:
There is a difference between a noob and a newb. I dont see that sig as a potshot at newbies.

Please elaborate. I figured that a "noob" and a "newb" were the same thing. The only difference, from what I've seen, was that people couldn't spell "a new person" right or some other dumb excuse, so they shortened it to "newb" to try and make it easier on them. Unfortunately, it only made it worse and that is when people started to spell it "noob". It apparently was too difficult to move the fingers to the other side of a keyboard in one word...

setishock said:
You can train a noob to get better at a game, but all you end up having is a trained noob. Same as a noob, just trained.

You seem to be taking pot shots at noobs which is not very friendly around these parts. How about changing that and not to another noob comment. Thanks.

I'm not taking pot shots at noobs. The differce between a noob and a newb is a noob just plain sucks and doesn't want to get better. I newb does want to get better and people will help them. You seem to have a problem with everything setis. I think you like trying to ban people or piss them off.

EG pretty much spelled it out. Of course a newb can be a noob too.

All of us were newbs at some point. But some people will always be noobs. ;)

ummmm...

junior member?

the terms Newb, Noob, are both derogetory, in the sense of the signature message it was being used to describe somebody who is unskilled or unedept...

since Newb is the abreviated Newbie, which is again an abrieviation of New person, the signaute doesn't make sense...

roughtly translated means...

You can train a new person to get better at a game, but (after they have spent time playing and learning the game and controls and levels, building up skill) all you end up having is a trained new person. Same as a new person, just trained.

as you can see, this makes practically no sense, you can't possibly be new to something, spend time training and improving and then still be new to it...

so this is where I think it is derogetory...

in the sense used roughly translates to...

You can train a idiot to get better at a game, but all you end up having is a trained idiot. Same as a regular idiot, just trained.

Back
Top Bottom