need help here...

eunice said:
yup.. i did see a pink line... i think its in the correct position..

well you'd need to be sure ideally, as if it's seated in the wrong way it won't work, yet will display in system and bios etc, as you've described.

Yeah, check its in the right position, but if it is and everything else seems fine, which it seems to be, then yeah, the drive would have gone on you.

Well its dead :p Its gone on you, and thats why it won't be working.

Don't worry though, you could buy really cheap floppy drive now since they've gone out of fashion in PC's nowadays, and are easy replacable.

Or simply forget about the floppy drive.
I havent had one in my computer for like 2 years now.. perhaps you toss some mony on a new floppy you may want to look into a usb flash drive.

I have seen some inserts where your floppy is, You can put in a card reader.. has various spot for digital cameras and a usb for flash drives.

Unless you really need a floppy. Just another option.

Yep, that is a good option, though some people do still need a floppy drive too. I know I couldn't do without one (though I have usb drives, and hard drives to store data). My keyboard though needs a floppy disc to transfer information, and so thats why I have one :p

Useless Note: I need a new keyboard actually. Been reearching, though all are about £2000/3000 that I want...damn!

Kage said:
Useless Note: I need a new keyboard actually. Been reearching, though all are about £2000/3000 that I want...damn!
:eek:
That keyboard better have some sort of technology that will give you a 0% chance of injury (those little warnings on the back of keyboards), have it's own processor so it can take some of the workload off of the main CPU, have different massage settings for your fingers, be able to withstand me smashing my fist into it repeatedly out of frustration (cheap Dell keyboards...), be (1/2) the thickness and (1/4) the weight of a regular keyboard, AND have a coco machine built in...

I believe the ribbon on the floppy goes in with the red line on the far side, not the side near the power plug.

well.. the reason why i wanna use my floppy is that i wanna format my hard drive.. thats the only way i know how to do it.. are there any other ways?

Boot from the xp cd and follow the install menu. Did you set the ribbon with the stripe on the far side?

not yet.. but the line on the hard disk's ribbon is on the nearer side... oh ok.. can i get the step-by-step procedure.. sorry coz its my first time doing this.. i dont wanna damage my pc... i owe u guys...

Back
Top Bottom