need help here...

eunice1

In Runtime
hi guys.. need some help… my floppy disk is not working, it cant read when i insert a diskette. i also cant boot up in my floppy, although my pc can detect it coz its in the device manager and in the bios.. i tried to run the floppy in other pc, and it worked… what could be the problem?

Hmm, at bootup does the light on the floppy drive turn on? and maybe make a noise? This would tell you its operational. As of wheny uo put a disk in and ask it to load, does it make noises? or just stands there?

Open the PC up, and make sure all cables are in properly for it, and going into the motherboard.

By the way, when did it stop working? Or have you just inserted the Floppy Disc Drive?

I hope this helps :)

it worked for the past 4 months i guess.. the light turns on but when i click the floopy icon, it cant detect the diskette.. i also changed the floppy cable a while ago, but still didnt work...

make sure that the red line on the ide cable,(will be on one side only) is nearest you as you're looking into the case when plugged in.

edit- colour may be black, either way there will be one side with a coloured or distingushed line

go to your device manager..

You may need your xp cd.
Find your floppy controller. Right click it and choose uninstall.
Reboot. let the system find the new hardware and install it..

Try again..

You said you tried the floppy in a different computer.. What floppy? The disk? or the drive?

Smurkey might be onto the right ticket here. Just check the cable :)

smurkey said:
make sure that the red line on the ide cable,(will be on one side only) is nearest you as you're looking into the case when plugged in.

edit- colour may be black, either way there will be one side with a coloured or distingushed line

yup.. i did see a pink line... i think its in the correct position..

BuzzStPoint said:
go to your device manager..

You may need your xp cd.
Find your floppy controller. Right click it and choose uninstall.
Reboot. let the system find the new hardware and install it..

Try again..

You said you tried the floppy in a different computer.. What floppy? The disk? or the drive?

the drive.. im sorry.. yup, already uninstalled it... but still didnt work.. =( sorry to disturb u guys...

I'm afraid then the only option thats left is that your drives gone on you :( It happens though with any PC equipment and if you really need one, floppy drives will be very cheap now. Even we can't miracle work :p

Back
Top Bottom