Problem completely wiping HDD

hriverajr

Beta member
I had some unusual things get on my computer, not sure what they were but it blocked access to various websites and a few other unusual things. I decided to do a clean install of XP, even deleted the partition and reformatted. But apparently windows seems to save a lot of stuff anyway, links from internet explorer, at least some of them were saved, and I still have blocked access to particular websites. Apparently XP looks for information on the hard drive from previous installs. Is there anything that can be done to totally wipe all information out... other than installing a brand spanking new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any info.

Very Stumped,

Hector

Windows does not look for prior settings when doing a fresh install. Your issues are with your internet settings and firewall and spyware/malware blockers. One or more of them have some setting ticked to stop you from accessing the site that you are trying to get to_Or your ISP.
In internet options...check your security settings,
your content settings and your privacy settings.
Also if you are trying to spoof your IP with some third party program..it will stop you from accessing sites, Cookies must be allowed and be able to verify IP with pings or you will not gain access to the site either.

Lurkswithin is correct. If you boot from the XP cd and go to the install menu and format and partition it, it is as same as a new hard drive.

I deleted the partion... created one and formatted it.. ... and still on a fresh install cannot access particular websites.. is strange...
I just may reinstall again...

Thanks,

Hector

Firewalls or routers may be blocking your connections..
Security settings may be too high to enter the sites..
The websites them selves may have banned you.

Reinstalling will only waste your time.

Back
Top Bottom