Need Help With Getting DDR Memory Chip!

medabomb2000

In Runtime
Hey Everyone,

I need some help!

I am going to be building a computer from scratch, and i need to know if anyone knows what kind(type) of DDR Memory Chip I should get for an Athlon 64 3800 90nm Rev E with cpu, fan - Motherboard/CPU Combo. I am looking to get a 1 gig DDR Ram chip. If anyone can help me out by telling me what is compatible with this processor, I would very much appriciate it. Thank you!

-Medabomb

Motherboard, the processor doesn't matter, it's the kind of ram your motherboard supports

Check crucial.com for the info. I just noticed your comment, "what's a mobo". No offense,but If that is an indication of your experience level you may want to rethink building a machine yourself.

I was just doing some research... I am currently working with a group of technicians as an intern... basically I am learning about the insides of computers! I know that I do not know a lot about computers, but I am trying to learn at the moment.
I believe that the mother board is a "Abit - AX8 3800+ 90nm Rev. E". IF that is not it, then I guess I will ask one of the guys here.
I am just trying to get the research done myself so I know how to do this in the future.

-Medabomb

dabo-

your mobo supports dual memory, so you better buy two sticks of 512 RAM instead of one 1 Giga...

r53s said:
dabo-

your mobo supports dual memory, so you better buy two sticks of 512 RAM instead of one 1 Giga...

I agree but it is not any two sticks of 512 ram. It is matched ram specially paired for dual memory. To a newbie that difference should always be reported.

Back
Top Bottom