I'm finished with Mac after the G5 stunt

It'll be interesting to see if the switch to x86 helps developers port games somewhat. Sure Apple dont have DirectX but you never know, they could always sue like a bunch of hypocrits about it like the normaly do.

Hmm yeah, I think games would be more easily ported over.
It wouldn't need a different EXE file for example since they would use different assembly codes.

Macs must have something like Direct-X to port over games like World Of Warcraft, surely...
then again though, you dont exactly hear Apple commenting on the graphics chips available in their machines.

Games that use OpenGL can be ported easily.

Apple not boasting about grpahics? You've missed this page! Why the Mac Mini has a "technically superior" Radeon 9200 with a massive 32Mb of RAM, try playing a game on a budget PC, most of them have crappy graphics cards, and some of them dont have the slots to let you upgrade ether!!

Yeah, whatever Apple! The 9200 IS a budget and very naff card, and how exactly do I upgrade it?

hehe...you dont I don't think... though the Mac Mini isn't meant to be ground breaking in technology anyway.

Macs are more about designing and that side of the business where editing programs would be useful, while people who play games are going to choose a PC.

They'd be no point really of them adding an expensive video card to push the prices up even more further than they are now!

Exactly, but the point im making is Apple talk compleat bollox when it comes to selling stuff, they just dont care. Idiots buy it and believe it. :p

Yeah, Apple are more designers to tell the truth (thats why the products cost soo much).

I dont exactly hate the Mac operating system though. I think some of its uses, and the programs it comes with isn't bad at all. I just wish this type of functionality for some part of it was included with Windows, or maybe with the latest version coming?... hehe Microsoft has been sued many times for copying ideas off them, by 'partnering' with other companies lol...not against them though at all.

Back
Top Bottom