Skype?

One question about adsl... my internet properties say i'm getting 11 mbs but when i download it's only at like 5 kbs
is there something wrong with that i took an internet speed test and it showed up as 56k??

nope, there is nothing wrong with your connection I don't think (that is pretty low though) but the upload speed is different to the download speed.

The upload speed (to the internet, seems like its 11mbs) will be faster than when you download files (5kbs it seems. Probably wouldn't recieve webcam that well)

I don't exactly know what ADSL does though, and how it works. Though I know it stands for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line, so its a digital connection rather than a analog one used by phone lines.

So i guess that means ADSL can be as slow as a 56k modem running from a analog phone line :(

rdcmmnst said:
Has anyone here used skype. I have a friend who likes it.. is it worth the time of downloading and using it.
I have been using it for six months, and I have had excellent results. I use it for all my long distance calls with SkypeOut. I talk with family & friends who have Skype for nothing.

Don't bother with it if your on dialup as it lags badly, but on broadband it's excellent.

http://www.skype.com/

Yeah, I like Skype and ise it quite a lot, it can be a bit dodgey in the evenings if the skype network is busy, but other than that it's great. It runs fine on a 512kb/256 connection but i'm now on a 2000/256 adsl connection, it works pretty much the same on that as well.

Back
Top Bottom