Overclocking...my bios is locked is there software?

Not bad if it supports PCI-E for graphics cards, and High definition audio :p

Nope I doubt this board is meant for overclocking though, at least not in the safe sense of the word.
This is from the intel website about the desktop boards:

"Do not overclock your system. Your system can become unreliable, may shorten the life of your PC components, may damage your PC components and may void your warranty."

This to me makes it seem like they haven't built it to be an overclocker, so programs coming with the board seems like they'd be none existant. Thats not saying you couldn't get an overclocker, though compatabilty would be a problem.

With that processor though, i think your stuck with the multipliers locked (will have to keep checking) :( Though some have ways to get past it, dont know about that one though. Yoiu probably could a certain amount using other methods though like I said, but i'd ask someone who knows a bit more about overclocking than me :p

Hope this helps

yeah i think i'll leave overclocking to the computer gods.... i'm still gonna tinker with the idea

NoO, there is def no harm in overclocking if you know what you are doing. A little learning and experience first helps barrel loads, which can make a overclock loser into a overclock god too

The only problem is getting help from people. Everyone has different specs, RAM makes, motherboard models, and so its very hard to pinpoint exactly what you should change to get some improvement since every PC would be different

i've read about all that too. I think i'm gonna do a couple more days...weeks..maybe a month of research before i dive in. I'm pretty sure i'm not going to mess with the jumpers (i think that's what they're called) on my motherboard

Back
Top Bottom