Skype?

rdcmmnst

Daemon Poster
Has anyone here used skype. I have a friend who likes it.. is it worth the time of downloading and using it.

I don't really know enough people who use it. I would rather just use msn or yahoo or aim the popular chatting and audio and video programs. I'm sure skype would be good if you had an entire office that used it. Free phonecalls and all

Yup i used to awile back in the good ol' msn 6.2 days. i was even a subscriber to scipe for awile so i could make voip calls from my pc....cheap, but still id rather walk around my house while i make long calls. Sound quality is excellent its like a telephone lol with the number layout and the ringtone when someone calls. I mainly used it for calling other pcs though..for the invreased quality and becuase msn 6.2 was so por at connecting. Id suggest it if your gonna make long international calls (possibly for business?) though if you just want to call your friends for a quick chat pc to pc its not worth it. Msn 7 audio works just fine

thanks that helps. No i'm not much of the rich business man... not yet anyways!! haha ;)

Yeah MSN 7 is great, honestly. Free audio and free video calls to anyone with MSN, with a webcam. The new version also allows full screen video if you have an activated microphone as well

I have msn msngr 7.0 i actually got the beta i'm a believer trying things out....even if they don't always

Hmm yea, though running on window mode has been used for ages and isn't bad. It also helps that you have a good quality webcam to fill the screen without it going all pixilly.

Any broadband connection (maybe 256 summit, or 512kb) i think would be fine for it. Though of course, faster ones are welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom