Music download illegal

Yeah. I heard somwewhere also that record companies were going to start releasing many versions of the same album.

Like the extra version which contains videos and extras,
the plain version, which is what most have now,
and a cheap version without the complex cd labels and on a sort of copied cd.

I definitley read this somewhere, though haven't seen it come into play. It sort of happened with singles with record labels releasing a cut down version with only one or two songs, and then a slightly more expensive one with maybe an extra song and video included.

That would help cd's sell I think.

why is software so hard to throw into the mix, I find the idea or scanning the media as if it were a virus an interesting one, however it doesn't really account for the amount of variation, as an example, just think of the amount of bit rates that you can choose to encode an MPs file in, then consider the same bit rate arguments, multiple that by the amount of file formats and multiply that twice to account for mono and stero file that are otherwise the same...

at the end of the day there isn't really one signature for a song, there are perhaps 50 or more for each song, and there are god knows how many songs in the world that have been recorded...

the same goes for video files as well...

software however is a little easier to police in this signature way, the binary files are very exact, and have no other forms (besides being zipped perhaps), so it'd be a lot easier to police software on p2p than it would media

Back
Top Bottom