Overclocking

I've been tempted to overclock my computer. But i am too afraid that i might end up screwing the whole thing over. I might just overclock it like 5% just to say that i did overclock and hope they don't ask how much.

Duzz said:
I wont complain, i wont even be on the internet no more, my computer will be smelling of burnt plastic. all for the 3.5ghz hahaha just jokeing, i dont want to go to high anyways maybe a 500mhz oc. if i can.
*Choke**Splutter* Man, did you just say 500MHZ???!!!!! LOL. Not without it running at like 80C or sommat :p , THEN you can smell burnt plastic. :cool:

I disagree on the hardware not meant to be overclocked, if it wasn't supposed to be OCed why would AMD allow such features as multipliers and HTT and other things with their chips, they locked out the S-A chips why not lock out the S939 or the S754.

Just be careful. It did funny things to my machine when I did it. I say you run your machine untill it slows down it games etc. Then you consider overclocking.

i agree 99nasha or if you have enough money and you just want to run your computer into the ground

I just tried to do a 400mhz oc...NOT A GOOD IDEA (really strange things happened), so I changed it to a 200mhz (overclock), seems to run ok

I OCed my rig right out of the box, running my venice 9x300. If OCing wasnt so dangerous it wouldnt be fun. Just know what your doing and have a good grasp of limits, read alot before adventuring into the world of FBS and MHz

Take it easy overclocking AMD's...
If you overclock to 2.4 Gigas, then you have almost a 3800+...

Yeah, with excellent cooling and the right components, you can overclock a Athlon 64 to about 2.6Ghz, which is the same as the recent FX chip. Like you say though, you'd have to be very careful.

Back
Top Bottom