Adobe Photoshop 6.0

Catiekay

Beta member
I recently installed Adobe Photoshop 6.0. After doing so I no longer can view my photos in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (I am running WinXP Professional Version). Is there any way I can make the Windows component my default viewer, please?

open my documents, and find your images. right click on it, go to open with and click on choose program. select windows picture and fax viewer, and check the box at the bottom which says always use this program to open this kind of file.

that should do it.

you might need to do that on a few different files (eg you jpegs, gifs, pngs) to get it all sorted.

Make sure that Photoshop isn't taking the associations back. Some programs reassociate all of its file types with it again when you open it. Just be sure to change the associated file types in Photoshop as well.

Yep, there right :)

Though, you can make also do it the long hand way if you sitll want it to open up in Adobe Photoshop occasionally. This is by right clicking the file, and selecting Preview from the list.

jay8990 said:
open my documents, and find your images. right click on it, go to open with and click on choose program. select windows picture and fax viewer, and check the box at the bottom which says always use this program to open this kind of file.

that should do it.

you might need to do that on a few different files (eg you jpegs, gifs, pngs) to get it all sorted.
This is the correct way of doing it. :D

When you want to open a file to edit, first start Photoshop then go to File / Open and browse to the pix you want... :D

Adobe Photoshop

Right clicked on a file and chose "open with" and checked "always use the selected programme to open this kind of file".
Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom