I'm finished with Mac after the G5 stunt

WELCOME 2 THE DARKSIDE! i switched few months bak 2 macs are retarded compared 2 pcs... compatibility wise mostly. You can't run half the programs that u can on a pc on a mac... lol did i say half, i mean (insert imaginative decimal number here)

What is it with people bringing back such old posts O.O Damn this one's over a year old!

Maybe there's some way to automatically lock them after a couple weeks or something.

There is, and if David wanted to have it done I'd show him how.
Its not too hard but requires setting up a cron, and then it'd be done.

I don't take credit for the work, but I found it on a vBulletin website so maybe he'll be interested.

pm him to show him. im getting sick of 1 year old threads coming back from the dead just so someone can say "ahaha yea that great" or "how did that happen" or something along those lines

What about threads that constantly have new content for weeks? Is it that hard to just stop posting in this thread? In fact, why is it so bad that this thread came back? Anyway, I think the autolock would be overkill.

no if you want to talk about somethign make a new thread or use one thats currently being used, dont bring back a dead thread. if its got new content for weeks then its never gone dead has it and its fine

Yeah I do agree with those comments completly tacocriminal.

Especially if you are into games, the mac is rather useless, and the fact you can't use programs from one to the other like you are able to with any other PC in the world. Its pretty weird really if you think about it, liek boxing yourself in to a small community...

I have to agree though that the Mac OS's are getting better, thoguh people have argued its not as easy to find things as of windows, and this is also true.

As for the components and looks, i also have to agree with you. I have never liked the i-pod for example, or the mac g5, or e-mac versions.

The fact that they just use a different process deludes me, which just makes it impossible to easily swap between a PC and Mac, unless you just have documents and files.

They are also forcing people really to use only Mac based programs like Windows was forced to change with Windows Media player, different situation or not.
Because basically Itunes (the player that comes with it) will only rip songs to play on the Apple IPod unless you convert it to MP3 using a seperate program, since apple files aren't supported on players like Creative, which always makes Mac users go for I-Pod to make things easier.

(EDIT: Sorry, I only read the part about it only converting to Apple formats, might have been a lower version)

I do like the range of software Mac OS's include though, and at least now they might become more open when they switch to Intel for chips instead of IBM, which have always used PowerPC CPU chips in them, so programs haven't been compatable.

iTunes does rip as MP3, most of my collection was ripped on an iBook, took ages, silly me.

Sorry then, post edited :)

I do think they are making it hard for themselves though. A PC and Mac in those terms are completley seperate things, and in a way they shouldn't be competing together because of this.

When you use a MAC (only made by Apple and no other companies) compared with a standard PC (made by many types), it becomes apparent that it becomes more like a console, with it allowing no real updates, and games only work that are made for it (not many)

Back
Top Bottom