Are there any save P2P networks out there.

rdcmmnst

Daemon Poster
I am currently using bearshare and like it because i can disable sharing completely. But i would like to know if there are any better networks out there.

I use WinMX

But.. with any P2P I recommend you use PeerGuardian.
h**p://methlabs.org/ <-- Can we direct link here?

it blocks known IPs and unknown IPs from gathering data. Very good software.. Log window too so you know if something wanted your info.

I tend to stay away from P2P unless I can't find somthing..

IRC is the best way to go.. It's the oldest, and still the most widely used.

BuzzStPoint said:
I tend to stay away from P2P unless I can't find somthing..

IRC is the best way to go.. It's the oldest, and still the most widely used.

You sure? I read the other week in an article somewhere that something like 65% of all internet traffic is bittorrent traffic.

ps, i use bittorrents.

I guess it depends on what article and source you read... Torrents may be making an explosion. but it will die down.. Same as a few years ago with the Http, ftp and fxp for downloading.. Huge explostion of that. What ended up happening.. Went back to the IRC. IRC will always be there.

Only problem with torrents.. You download a file, execute it then the download starts.. to many negotiations happening there. That how my cuz got a letter from our ISP to stop downloading.

Either way I still favor IRC.

IRC.. Internet Relay Chat
Its a network of clients.

Kinda the oldest file and chat area..
You download an IRC client.. Mirc is most popular but there are others.
connect to servers. chat or download what people are hosting. If you look on the net you can find search sites that will search IRC networks for the files you need.

google XDCC Catcher. This is a program used to search all if mIRC or IRC for Bots that are hosting files. Its awsome. But it takes a while to load up to get potential of bots who are holding items and what not, something you would want to keep on. Its awsome. When i download anything that i cant find on the net i use that.

Back
Top Bottom