Computer boost

jim1

BSOD
Is there any other way to bost my system performance?
ive already defragmented my hard drive and upgraded my memory from 256mb to 512 ive also tried diffrent pc boost programs but they dont seem to work.
and at system startup when i log on i have to wait about 3 minutes before i can click on something or it would take forever.
Thanks for reading.

go to start, my computer, right click on local disk c, properties, then check compress files to save disk space it takes a long time but its worth it in the end made me save about a gb on my computer

reformat then reinstall windows, then use the blackvipers list and turn off all the unneeded services. depending on how old your install of windows is, you should see improvement

run > msconfig > startup tab

thats all the programs that loads when you boot up, uncheck whatever you can do without.

You could also check for Adware with Adaware (www.adaware.com). If that is loading up or running, it could end up slowing you down a bit, depending how much you have.

IHATEDELLS: If you have XP, its simple as inserting the CD and booting with it. You can delete the partition currently used, then recreate the partition, and install the OS to it.

Back
Top Bottom