Should I build a computer?

maxbimmer05

Beta member
Hey, I've been using my current computer for at least 2 and a half years now and it is wayyy too outdated and slow for anything new. I dont want anything too insane but I want a rig that will play games pretty well and be able to store tons of warez. What kind of price range am I looking at? and what should I put in it?

That depends on what you have now that can be used in your new build. But on average, you can build a compatable unit for about $700us that will play the games but really doesnt allow for much future upgrading and all that. But will serv you well for a few years on just general computing and gaming.
If you are looking to really get into the gaming end with multimedia and all that ..then look more towards $1500us and upward. But for your best decissions on this please look at this site that per suggested:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_To_Build_A_Computer

It will lead you in the right direction and then we will be more than glad to help you with your decisions.

Marshillboy said:
Um, if you want more fun, build a computer, however if you want a lot less price, buy one.

i've always thought that building your own computer was cheaper

In some ways yes in others no. Building a computer is a challenge and feel very proud of yourself when youve done it :) So I think it better to build one.

Ive seen some offers on computers and have been kicking myself. I saw a tiny with a AMD 4000+ in for the same price as mine cost to build

I think the cost to build a computer tends to be cheaper and usally ends up with better quality. You order a cheap computer, you get a cheap POS computer. You build a cheap computer, you usally can get decent parts. Then as you start getting better parts(which are usally much better than you could find in prebuilt computers) prices usally are cheaper for home built...

Back
Top Bottom