winchester to venice?

onimusha

In Runtime
is it worth the money, like 300 canadian to get 3200 venice. I have 3200 winchester right now. I do want to overclock. I havent reached the max overclock of my winchester, my powersupply is bottlenecking me. But if i do change my powersupply is it worth 300 to go from 3200 winni to 3200 venice? My winchester 3200 is not even 1 month old, i cant return it if its been more than 7 days.

No, it woudln't be worth it, trust me, not for that much.

I mean, it adds a few advancements over Winchester but not enough to want to pay that much for it. Especailly since in the shops, its only a few quid more than the Winchester, and so is only meant as a thing to get if you are looking for a new processor now.

·Mismatched DIMM support (ability to configure and use different size DIMMs on the same channel)
·Improved memory mapping (more efficient use of memory space)
·Improved memory loading (can fully populating the memory with double-bank DIMMs with no slow down)

Thats all it adds :) Not much really, and considering yours is out of taking back now and you'd have to pay the full amount again, its just not worth it...

Do you think its worth it after looking at that list? I doubt it...

I hope this helps

yeah but can mine do 2.8ghz with stock voltage? i havent tried my power supply is bottlenecking me. maybe it can do 2.7 or 2.6? what do you think?

I'm sure you can overclock that as much as the Winchester. It isn't that much different.

As for the power supply, this could be bottlenecking it, yeah, but also, if your RAM isn't good enough, this will do also.

Judt do some research and learn how to up the voltage and FSB without damaging the chip. I've never tried overclocking my 3500+ though probably will at some point with some efficent cooling.

off topic here but whats wrong with my memory, i keep getting reference memory could not be read error while playing counter strike source. My memory is running at its default ddr 400 speed.

Hmm...does it stop the game? What exactly does it do after the error?

DDR400, so its PC3200 speed, same as mine.

How much sticks have you got in your computer of how much?

That memory refrence memory I guess could come from the video card too, though I'll be able to find out more after a few details

Hmm. I don't have that make, but that shouldn't have any issues. Does it only happen in Counterstrike? Or in other things?

It could be a corupt file somewhere within the game itself if it only happens with it, and might be as simple as re-installing it.

Back
Top Bottom