Video In Motherboard

aw so I guess it doesn't have an AGP port?

and if you mentioned that before we'd of been able to say straight away "Get a new board" hehe. Its a shame that though, though it is old...

I hope it gets sorted soon :)

YAY YAY YAY my friend was fiddling round with the little BIOS chip and he pushed really hard and heard a click and now it works YAYYAYYAY

THANX SO MUCH KAGE

I didn't really help then :p

Glad its working though now :)
Can't understand why a loose bios chip would have caused the video not to work, unless the whole computer wasnt really booting to send a signal to the video card in the first place :p This was probably the case :D

if the whole thing wasnt working would it still make startup sounds and the hud leds turn on cause that all happened...?????o well new motherboard new harddrive new case im happy.....:D:p

Kewl. Yeah it might have happend, but if the bios wasn't working properly, it probably wouldn't have gone past POST (Power On Self Test) so wouldn't have actually gone to windows I wouldn't of thought.... otherwise the whole idea of pushing the bios chip in makes no sense :p

yeh probobly as youve proboblt guessed i dont really no much about computers but i know a bit its mainly my friend who knows alot about them....but i cant wait to get it back 2night i hope hehehe yay :D :D :D :D

~jack~

hey also one more question what is a good farely cheap vidoe card that would run most up to date games i would hope up to the standards of atleast halo for pc.....i would enjoy your help and wat else do you need to run that stuff besides RAM....

~jack~

Yep, I hope its all working good when you get it back!

As for the video card, to play up to date games, I would normally consider getting a Geforce 6600GT as its a cheapish card, and will play up to date games at really good quality settings and resolutions, but this is no good if you don't have a AGP slot...

I can't really think of any cards that are PCI and still reletivly new and so up to scratch. Anyone know of any? (If you have AGP, go for the 6600GT)

Thats basically it really, since you have the rest of it. You just need a good enough video card now :)
At least if you can support AGP on your motherboard, when you get new parts (motherboard and CPU, and probably RAM too) you can just add this card to the new setup. If you get a PCI one and you want to update, you'll probably end up throwing the PCI one away to get an AGP or PCI-E card, so thats the only problem. I'm sure there are some good ones available though.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom