Video In Motherboard

Hi......im trying to get this computer and motherboard working, but the computer turns on and the motherboard turns on but the moniter does not work. It is not the moniter because i use this moniter for my other com and i am just testing for this one. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Are you using Integrated Graphics? Or does your motherboard have Intergrated?

This computer

This computer,doesn't say much.
The mbd turns on,how do you know this ? Does it say Hi i'm here ?
but i really don't like to get involved with
experimenting.
Is this what your up to ?
:rolleyes:

you have to disable integrated video from the BIOS. Doing it in device manager wont do anything.

chunkylover987 said:
the motherboard has integrated graphics but i can also put a Pci graphics card in and it doesnt do anything...
Did you connect the monitor to the pci card connection ?
This will disable internal as theres nothing for it to do. :p
Then install the drivers.

how do i disable the integrated graphics...when the screen wont even turn on....

PLZ HELP I DONT WANNA HAVE TO BUY A NEW MOTHERBOARD

THANX ALOT PPL

Hmm, you do have an issue there. If i'd done it blindfolded, I would tell you exactly how many arrow keys to press (though all bios's are different) and I might break your computer entirely...

The only thing I could suggest is taking out the PCI port one and make sure that the VGA cable is being plugged into the right socket for the onboard (though i'm sure your doing that). This prooves a problem...

The only thing I could suggest and I'm not trying to be mean after you've built it is to unbuild everythnig and get that motherboard sent back as quickly as possible to be replaced. This would surely fix your issue in the short run and get you up and started quickly. It does seem by chance you have got a bad onboard video card though which has caused some issues.

If though you can get hold of a AGP graphics card for the time being, this might infact over do the onboard one in inportance as this is used mostly for high powered graphics cards.
PCI wouldn't be seen over the onboard graphics since the PCI ports can hold anything non-graphic related also.

so if a mate has one, plug it up (i hope you have an AGP slot. I'm sure you do) and hopefully the monitor would now work after putting the cable at the back of this one instead.

If this doesn't work, or you can't get hold of one, (and really, its faulty and so you should. but the above soloution will be a quick fix) replace it :)

I hope this helps

thatnx its an old motherboard it probobly needs replacing anyway but its my friends old one and he was playing around with it before i had it and he thinks he ddid something to the physical motherboard like broke something off or domething

Thanx ne way though no now i have to get a job lol

~jack~

Back
Top Bottom