Please tell me a way to filter these out!

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
These are getting so annoying!

OK, I'm sure most everyone has gotten these when you search... Say you look for Digital Cameras. You get something like www.cams.com/Digital-Cameras.htm If you click on it, you almost always get something like the best resourses for DIGTAL CAMERAS with just another set of links. Don't forget about the popups.

Now, I can't think of a search I've done that's caused this right off, but they are quite constant and very annoying! There must be a way to filter these out! Some other search engine or something? I use Google...

i dont think that there is a way to filter them out... maybe do a search on it hehehe

i think that those sorta sites are designed specifically for that purpose. the links are usually sponsored and the site gets a small amount of cash or something when u click on one of its links or something???

therefore it would be smart to get people to find the site in searches...

this being how it is, i dont think that its possible to filter them out of a search.

hopefully this was enlightening... in not helpful :p

It's not that I'm TRYING to find something, I just typically get so many of these rather than what I'm actually searching for and it's annoying!

And yeah, I figured making money was part of the deal with these... I just didn't know if there was some software or something you could search though that could filter specific things out...

The_Other_One said:
It's not that I'm TRYING to find something, I just typically get so many of these rather than what I'm actually searching for and it's annoying!

And yeah, I figured making money was part of the deal with these... I just didn't know if there was some software or something you could search though that could filter specific things out...
Using just your Digital Camera keywords in GOOGLE brought up these links, none of which (on page 1) brought up links like the one you posted. I suggest you use Google as your search engine of choice...
:D

http://www.google.com.au/search?sou...s=GGLG,GGLG:2005-20,GGLG:en&q=Digital+Cameras

Hmm yeah. If you know how Google works, you'd understand why you'd get that too.

Google gets its information by sending out bots to survey websites and record information about them. The way it speeds searching up (since theres hundreds if not thousands of new ones made every day) it looks for links in webpages and ones with more links are considered more important to you since they might regard more useful pages on the matter at hand too on the webpages stated in that Digital Cameras page.

So that is the answer to why you would get pages more like that (useful or not) as this is the way it catorgarises them.

Some companies of course make use of this, and just make pages to prices and other such un-related information, yet they'd still appear at top.

Yeah it'd probably tell Google not to use ones at the top that use the same repeated phrase or something over and over which would be catorgarised usually as useful information (though alot you see at the top are just dummy websites or ads)

Back
Top Bottom