Cant watch dvds on computer

skylinegtr

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
I dont post here alot, and i need some quick help. I bought a new dvd player for my computer, its a toshiba one, and my old one was a HP 300n, so i took it out of my computer and put it in my dads, it works fine and everything, but when i try to play dvds it wont work. Ive instaleld Nvidia DVD Decoder. and with interactual player, it says i have a sub audio system error, and when i try play it in WMP nothign happens, it shows the correct length of the dvd but nothing plays. Could anyone help me on this?

here are the specs of my dads computer (i know it sucks but he doesnt need power lol to check his email and surf the net)
amd athlon xp 2200+
ms-6390
384mb ram
via kt266
via VT8375

• m-ATX form Factor with PC99 color connector
• Support Accelerated Graphic Port (AGP) Add-On Card
• Integrated Savage 4 2D/3D Graphic Controller assign upto 32MB
• Support AMD® PGA Socket A Duron/Athlon/XP processors at 200/266MHz System Bus Frequencies
• Chip Integrated Audio
• PC Alert System Hardware Monitor
• Support DMI (Desktop Management Interface) through BIOS
• Integrated 10/100 On-board LAN
• Support PCI 2.2
• Suspend to RAM/Disk

What operating system is he using?

Hmm, power dvd has its own decoder and you can pick it up really cheap now. Its an excellent PC DVD program, with excellent picture and sound quality to match. That might just get it working for you :D

try re-installing your DVD decoder, because it currently may still have the setting for the old drive, and it's not picking this new one up?

thanks guys. It is using windows xp home edition. Ill try reinstalling the decoder too. and try power dvd. lol thanks skylines are awesome. one of my favorite cars along with the MK3 and MK4 supra :D

Just remember my sig,(Take it back} for an exchange quick.
If you played movies before you can play them now.
Power dvd is good though,i use ATI.

Back
Top Bottom