Photshop and Pictures

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
I find a picture that I like, but it's rather small, So I take it to the Photoshop in attempts to resize it, but it ALWAYS turns out a blur. How do you resize without the blur. Do I have to enhance? Or another one of the options? To be exact, I want the picture 1280x1024. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

AmericanSensei

You do not say how small your picture is. If it's to small it's going to get blurry or blocky enlarging it.

By the looks of your post you want to use it as a wallpaper. Give IrfanView a try, it does a reasonable job on pix. It's free as well. :D

http://www.irfanview.com/

Edit: Link fixed... :D

depending on the size and resolution of the pic you are trying to resize it will come up blurry or grainy when you try to resize it. where did you get the pic from? is it from a digital camera or a website?.....I'd look for a bigger picture to start with. or if it's a pic from a digicam, get a digicam with higher megapixels so you can resize it without the blurryness

At School we have Adobe Photoshop 8 so this may not work if you have an earlier version. What you do is get your pic, go to EDIT->RESIZE, then hold down the shift key as you drag it out so it does not lose its shape, then when your done hit enter and it depixilates the image. Try that and tell me if it works, because my instructions are from memory.

I use PhotoExplosion Deluxe. It's just pictures I find on the net and would like as Wallpapers....Some of the pictures are literally 3 inch by 3 inch.

AmericanSensei

Hmmm...

When a pic is reduced it throws out portions of un-needed data. Other programs such JPeg cleaner95 strip out text data thus reducing the size of the picture. But that's for another day. The problem here is what compression format was used and how it went about compressing the picture. I use a picture program call fotoalbum from fototime. A function in fotoalbum shows the buried technical data about the picture. Some pics I have say something like >>>> compressed with or altered by adobe photoshop. With that I can select the program to use to uncompress with minimal loss. When I got my copy of fotoalbum it was a freebie. I don't know if they started charging for it but you can look at>>>
www.fototime.com

Back
Top Bottom