Video-Out Trouble

Marshillboy

In Runtime
I have a Leadtek WinFast A180B T nVidia GeForce(4?) Mx4000 128MB 64bit (and all that yap) video card. It has REALLY crummy video-out (looks to me like poor refresh rate or something). I have tried both the composite and S-Video, with the same result. Any help (besides telling me to get a new video card :p ).

Marshillboy said:
I have a Leadtek WinFast A180B T nVidia GeForce(4?) Mx4000 128MB 64bit (and all that yap) video card. It has REALLY crummy video-out (looks to me like poor refresh rate or something). I have tried both the composite and S-Video, with the same result. Any help (besides telling me to get a new video card :p ).
Yes forget it,read the other post on this.No get a bigger pc monitor.
tv out sucks.

Dunno, why don't you get a new video card? :D Haha, just playin' with ya! :p

If you are trying to use your computer on a tv screen then you must turn the resolution down to like 480 x 320 or something like that. TV resolutions are way low compared to a computers

Actually TV resolution...wel here anyway in the UK (PAL) is 768x576 (at least i think it is, though it might be lower), and i think in the states its actually 800x600 unless you have High Definition (Though won't matter for this)

I would lower the resolutions down though like lurkswithin says. You might also have to set the refresh rate manually in the settings of the video card drivers too since some display drivers seperate the different displays.

I hope this helps

NTSC is 720x480(or that's what DV is)
You were right about Pal, though wrong in thinking the states actually has a higher res. The PAL system is newer and a higher quality. I've been to london, their TVs do look better :rolleyes:

The_Other_One said:
NTSC is 720x480(or that's what DV is)
You were right about Pal, though wrong in thinking the states actually has a higher res. The PAL system is newer and a higher quality. I've been to london, their TVs do look better :rolleyes:
lol

well, I WILL get a new card this christmas (only time I have money :D ). Probably like the 6800 XT or whatever (I just heard it was really good from a Computer Stop guy ;) ). Only problem is price ($199 isn't really a picnic :eek: )

Yeah thats a great card, though the 6800 Ultra would be better of cause but expect to pay around $300 for it hehe. The 6800 GT I'm sure would last anyone for a good while though...a very good while ;)

Back
Top Bottom