DVD problems

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Here's some rather interesting problems. I make my own videos(legal stuff...I'm a video editor, I've made church videos, car videos, medical videos, etc...) I recently got myself a DVD burner, and decided to transfer the files over.

They work perfectly on my stand alone players, and one of my computers with a hardware decoder. However, my computers with software decoders just won't play them right. Many will play fine up untill a certain point and give me an error. I also had a DVD-Recorder for a while(stand alone like a VCR) It gave out recently, so I no longer have it, but many of the disks from that give me the same problems...

I upgraded my MEPG2 codecs and all, and it seems to be better, but not totally fixed. Ideas? Perhaps what codec I should look into for burnt DVDs?

Components

You don't say much about what you record with,and what is the source material used,eg: vcr tape,tv,home videos etc.
Anyway mpeg 4 is the way to go.But it's a wysiwyg world.
You seem very experienced and i'm surprised you'd ask here.

I think that you will be forever troubled with this issue.
There are a lot of burners whose discs just do not work with some players. They can have the same codecs and everything...they just will not read the disc. No disc error....wrong format...these may be some of the errors that you might see. One thing that does help though is that the more expensive players/drives usually have less problems than the low/sale item type do. Then there are the discs themselves. ...Some players just will not read a certain type of disc(brand)

burning options

Burners have an option so you can have a secured unusable disk by just you or 1 that will play anywhere.I prefer that conclusion.
We don't even know what brand this is for quality comments. ;)
:p

Back
Top Bottom