Overheat, Overheat!

Yeah! It'll make alot of difference, trust me...thats what connects the CPU to the heatsink to get hot air to flow in the first place! :p Apply it!

you can use a razor to scrape it off but be sure not to gouge the heatsink. As to the chip it should be carefully cleaned with asoft rag and maybe just a dab of alcohol to soften it up. Just be sure to let it set so as to air dry the alchohol. When applying the new thermal paste...just a dab will do. Take just a spot on the chip so as that it will only cover the small mounting area. You do not want this to spread all over the place.

wombat, I actually saw a heatsink glued to the chip with a hotglue stick. This was driving me nuts as when it heated up the glue would heatup also and release and then when the computer was cooled a bit the glue would adhear to the chip. Finally realized what was happening when I went to remove the chip and saw that it was glued to the socket. This was done by a teenager that took some computer classes and was messing around with MOM's computer. Needless to say that MOM was not a happy camper when I showed her what happened to her computer. LOL

LADEEZ and GEENTELMEN (intentional misspelling), may I present to you:MBM 5, the cruddiest piece of crudware to roam the internet. MBM gave me readings that were not only off the charts (and thus false, try 167 F on for size lol), but it cause my computer to thus cut speed in half, which I propose is the source of my problem. And so I can save 30 bucks on some cruddy heatsink/thermal paste. I love happy endings....(In other words, if you have MBM, UNINSTALL NOWWWW!)

not really....ive used it and it has worked perfectly well for me. And please try to keep your sig to a 5 line maximum.

Marshillboy said:
LADEEZ and GEENTELMEN (intentional misspelling), may I present to you:MBM 5, the cruddiest piece of crudware to roam the internet. MBM gave me readings that were not only off the charts (and thus false, try 167 F on for size lol), but it cause my computer to thus cut speed in half, which I propose is the source of my problem. And so I can save 30 bucks on some cruddy heatsink/thermal paste. I love happy endings....(In other words, if you have MBM, UNINSTALL NOWWWW!)

Which is what I told you to do in this post here, (your first post with the overheating problem)

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=15575

this post is now gone by the way..

Glad to hear that you got it worked out. I don't think that it is MBM at fault as speed fan gave the same readings....
I think that you have a bad sensor and was getting false readings that way. The bios reading comes from a different sensor that is built into the chip itself.

Back
Top Bottom