E:\ not accessible

broy

Beta member
I'm using QuickBook 2002 and did a back up from one computer. We had to format the CD RW first but once that was done the back up went smoothly. Now when I take it to the other PC and try to do a restore it tells me that the E: driver is not accessible.
When I take the CD to a different computer and open it to explore I get an error message along the lines of the file is either corrupt or in a format Windows does not understand.
Any suggestions?

Yeah, sounds like the CD is corrupt. Try again. How did you format the CD?

Install the same recording software in the second computer...

Or...at least a reader for that software...

You are going to always have issues like that. Back-ups are suppose to be used on the computer that they were originally made for as ALL links will be directed to the drives that are installed on the computer that did the backups. The computer you used to try the backups maynot have the correct drive with the correct designation.
Way around this is to use data copying instead, or dependent to your back-up program, change settings to not auto install or auto run option.

I'd never trust a CD-RW for a backup, so yeah, get some CD-R's. They are cheaper anyway since they can only be used once, and tend to be more reliable.

As for the backup, have you tried opening that backup program again?

Programs I know of have a Recover feature you see, as well as a backup feature that will read the disc and recover what you had on the PC.

This is because they tend to use compressed files specifically made for the program that windows itself might not even be able to read on its own, and so aren't just individual files you can drag off onto the new PC. Once you click recover, it would then uncompress the files back to individual ones back onto the drive the way they were.

Hopefully this will work :)

Back
Top Bottom