Survey - When did you last reinstalled Windows XP and Why

On the Win XP 32 bit box every 11 months just before my Norton AV subscription runs out. It has collected a lot of beta apps and other assorted rubbish I have a try out of.

The new Win XP x64bit box has only been up for 1½ months, this does not have Norton on it, as I'm using the free 64 bit version of Avast on it. So will not have to format just yet, if it starts getting problems it will be A:\>Format C :D

I used to reformat and reinstall about every 6 months. That was because I was all most always in conflict with some installed program. The last time was just over 2 years ago and right before I went to multi booting so I have seperate programs now on different drives. Security has never been better and I don't tweak with the system like a lot of folks do.

Wombat said:
On the Win XP 32 bit box every 11 months just before my Norton AV subscription runs out. It has collected a lot of beta apps and other assorted rubbish I have a try out of.

The new Win XP x64bit box has only been up for 1½ months, this does not have Norton on it, as I'm using the free 64 bit version of Avast on it. So will not have to format just yet, if it starts getting problems it will be A:\>Format C :D

How does the x64bit run? I was thinking of getting it with my new sweet PC. Any problems?

i last installed XP about 4 months ago, i mucked up an instillation of linux, and it wiped XP off of the laptop... annoying, though i didnt loose any files or anything, all was in place when i reinstalled... i was pretty lucky really, rember, always back up before you do anything like that... i almost found out the hard way... lol

Starr said:
How does the x64bit run? I was thinking of getting it with my new sweet PC. Any problems?
I have not had any problems as of yet. There's not enough 64 apps out that's the only trouble. I can't get Nortons to install but as I said I'm using Avast 64 bit av so this is not a worry.
:D

about 4-weeks ago, when my old 10.2gig 5400rpm HD that i was using specifically for my OS finally died (like 6 years old, I was expecting it to die anyway)

Back
Top Bottom