Photoshop slow load times...

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Just odd... Recently Photoshop seems to hang at the end of the load and do nothing for a while when it used to load in no time. Premiere, from a cold start, took a whole 5 seconds max to load. Any clue as to why Photoshop takes so long?

I do now have a scanner installed. Could something be conflicting or something? I didn't have another one before. I did have another printer, but everything from it is uninstalled(both the software and the driver under Printers)

It could be because it might be searching the scanner for pictures before it starts I guess. That'd be my first inclanation

Nah, the scanner's quiet but not that quiet... Besides, it's not on most of the time(being a scanner printer) I tried switching it on and running PS but it still took about as long. It's nothing that bad, but just annoying. Same with how PS doesn't change the file extention when I change the file type -.- Maybe I should just reload it.

Some scanner's software can slow the computer...

Try disabling this software to use photoshop...

Yeah you could try reloading it I guess.

What I meant with the scanner though was maybe it was checking for the drivers or something, and setting it up for use, not to view whats in it, if you get what I mean. Though it can't be that, hmm

When it freezes, photoshop says what its loading at the present time doesn't it? Like a load bar? What does it have on it at the point it stops?

1)Also a lot of updates in the last few months have installed automatic update programs that load as soon as you turn it on. You might look at the settings and disable the auto update program.
2)If this issue has started since you added the scanner unplug the scanner(not just turn it off) then run photo shop and see if it still loads slow.
3) If you are constantly adding and removing photos for editing and other files then you may want to use a registry cleaner to clean out the lost pathes to those files.
freebie and works good
regscrubXP: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2048.html

Back
Top Bottom