Is there a way to upgrade my 2.8GH

gdewald1

Baseband Member
I heard if you want to upgrade your speed, you have to change a lot of other hardware to match it on your computer...is it true?
PS>So If I wan't to get better speed, do I just get a better chip, or do I upgrade other hardware

Check the mobo website or manual for the cpu it will handle. It may be a case of adding more memory as you don't tell us what you have.

More RAM would do wonders. Especially if you are a little low. 2.8 GHz isn't too shabby.

2.8 GHz is good. I'd go ram. Your CPU is fine for now. I'mgoing guess and say its a intel? Also really after I do this major upgrade. I'll be able to add on to it over time. Just remember a good foundation means a good future. So don't go too cheap on a mobo. I personnelly am switching over to socket 939. From what it appears. My mobo will be vaild for many years to come. And when I get the money i'll be able to go all out without having to replace a lot of parts. Just reliease socket and PCI slots and APG (If you use APG) are very important on a mobo.

I'd like to add one final comment.
Getting a bigger cpu usually won't add much.I agree buy a new mbd and cpu with it's largest cpu allowed.

Back
Top Bottom