Please enlight me

Yeah, i got a boot changer, and most of them aren't brilliant anyway. Theres also no way of easily making your own...so its not exactly personal.

When I did install one, it wouldnt boot. I ended up having to go into safe mode and un-installing the program to have it set to normal... Talk about a mess

XPUser - Your PC will be going into hibernation when you turn it off. No bios screens would show, and if you had a fast PC, you wouldn't even notice the small load windows has when it goes back to the desktop

You could also be using Suspend to RAM which would do the whole thing much faster - though un-plugging the PC would stop this from working since RAM would wipe.

Nope its not the way I do it. Here's my secret:

Turn on the PC and go to the restroom or kitchen for coffee. When you return, the desktop's waiting for you.

haha so thats why you don't see it? :p very funny....

Though hiberate would do the same thing, and would only take 5 seconds to boot up...approx :D

Yes it would as long as the desktop's completely free of hardware and software problems. I never use these power options other than through the power schemes - turn off monitor and HD when PC is inactive.

I almost forgot to add that Hibernation and Standby were meant for the laptops only, never the desktops. Somehow Microsoft included these features as standard tools of XP.

hahaha, this is my routine when i get home from school. turn on my computer, change outa my uniform, sign in on the computer, then take a wizz, and viola, my rig is all set up and ready to go. lol

XPUser said:
Why do some people want to change the boot screen (BIOS and Windows)?

What's the benefit?

For me, getting Windows to load up to a stable state is more important, isn't it?

What prompted me to ask this question is this thread
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=15591

There is no beneficial upgrade by doing this. It's just for looks. I'm doing it because it looks pretty cool to have the "24" computer interface intializing the OS startup. It's just like how most people customize their Desktop wallpaper or change the Windows Themes by use of WindowBlinds. It's fun to do and brings a unique look to your computer.

XPUser said:
Nope its not the way I do it. Here's my secret:

Turn on the PC and go to the restroom or kitchen for coffee. When you return, the desktop's waiting for you.

That is beautiful,lol.

Back
Top Bottom