Norton vs AVG

doesn't hurt to have more then one, i am downloading AVG Free at the moment so i will have Norton and AVG which is not bad

good point but i have Norton and AVG they work well togther .. PC Cillin and Norton, Pc Cillin will not install unless you remove norton :) (NO THANK YOU)

interesting... but for me, i prefer good ol' pc cillin by itself. i usually do a lot of things on my como and even though i have 1 g i almost usually (on a good day) use like 900mb or close to it. never over, but quite close. so running two in the background just doesnt cut it for me. and pc cillin does such a good job im happy. so yeah, if it works for u, then nice.

Giancarlo said:
Yes jac006, i didn't like pc-cillin and I can't recommend it at all. Pc-cillin is the average one for me at least, based on my own experience. Like here is my grade of effectiveness:

1) Fix-It Utilities Virus Scanner/Shield Pro
2) Norton Anti-Virus
3) Avast
4) PC-Cillin
5) McAfee
6) AVG

1 Being the best, and 6 being the worst.

I did tests on all of them, and it was Fix-It that managed to get viruses the others couldn't. Norton was second best. It is just for me every other one missed viruses.

swap 1 with 2 and 6 with 4 .. that sounds about right !

Norton is a superior product. If it sucks so bad then why are corporate/enterprise versions available for businesses? Major county facilities, school districts are using it and approved by ITs. I feel we're lucky they even make a home edition for us.

As long as you perform LiveUpdate often, you will be fine.

come on Norton against PC-Cillin don't make me laugh .. lol

OK, can you end this thread here! plz :)

Back
Top Bottom