what an idiot...

root

Site Team
Staff member
Hi all,
since this is my second home, I feel compeled to tell you all whats just happened,

I've just been in a car crash, it wasn't my fault, but the other dude left the scene pretty sharpish, the annoying thing is I don't have a number plate, or even a description, (unless you cound "I saw two headlights comming towards me and was run off the road" as a good description...)

Anyway, I wouldn't have been planning to post on the forums at this time of night, but I've been told I should stay awake for a few hours and drink some sweet tea and stuff before going to bed "just in case"...

Anyway, I'd like to tell you all one thing... when you come close to death, your life does not flash before you eyes, you don't have happy memories, the sole thought going through your brain is

"oh s**t, I'm in serious trouble"

the weird thing is I can't believe that's what went through my brain...
Why didn't I get happy thoughts?
I allways imagined hollywood was right, and your possible dying thought would be really happy ones, not just a moment of blind panic as you skid sideways and hit a crash barrier head on.

anyway, my car is pertty much f***ed, the damage doesn't look bad, and I've only seen it by torch light and by the headlights of the breakdown truck, but I imagine there is structural damage, certainly there is engine damage, the repairs will probably outweight the value of the car!...

s**t, I really loved that car...
and it's not like I can really afford a new one...
not all bad news though,

The first thing I did was phone a mate, and ask him to come give me a hand, so I could try to find the parts of my car that were no longer attached (I managed to find a headlight, a hubcap and several parts of bumper. though I am still missing several more parts of bumper and a headlight unit)...
And my mate came out, I don't even really know why I phoned him, I mean it was the middle of the night, he'd gone home to bed,
I can honestly say that is a true friend...
You may be thinking that anyone would do that, but he knew full well when he dragged his dad out of bed (as he'd been drinking) to come and just help me out of my blind panic and shock, he knew full well there was absolutly nothing constructive he could do, (besides bring a torch) and he still came...

second good thing, Having recieved a text message from another friend, and had to explain to them what has happened, they offered me a car to replace mine, (obviously I'd have to pay for it) but a fine and fully working car at 'mates rates' can't be knocked...

s**t thing, I lost the hands free kit, (and nearly lost my phone, -how s**t would that have been!!!) when I lept out of my car (further into the nettle covered ditch) becuse I saw smoke and was affraid of being exploded somehow...

anyway... has anyone elsehad any excitement his evening that they'd like to share?

Ouch... hasn't been a good few days has it for anyone :(

Glad your alright :)

Stupid drivers though, and i think you have happy thoughts once you've been hit and are about to die...doubt it'd happen when you see headlights coming towards you as instinct to get away would come into play.

You have some good mates there :)

Shame about the car though, but atleast you wern't badly hurt

Dang.. you've got as bad of luck as me...

http://www.xpired.org/neon/
http://www.xpired.org/neon2/

Look @ those pictures.. I loved that little 2000 Dodge Neon.. *shrug* That was in Feb... the 26th of 2004.. and then 3 months later, i got a 2003 chevy trailblazer.. but my system in that neon rocked.. And ya know what... 2 months after getting the trailblazer, I rear end a honda... and that honda rear ends a mercury.. my luck.. yea.. but you cant even tell i bumped those cars.. and i havnt had anything fixed on my trailblazer. ^_^

And my mate came out, I don't even really know why I phoned him, I mean it was the middle of the night, he'd gone home to bed, I can honestly say that is a true friend...

You may be thinking that anyone would do that, but he knew full well when he dragged his dad out of bed (as he'd been drinking) to come and just help me out of my blind panic and shock, he knew full well there was absolutly nothing constructive he could do, (besides bring a torch) and he still came...

Glad to hear your only shook up. You will want to keep this feller for a friend...

A friend in need is a friend indeed. :D

Yeah, i guess when you have a bad experience, your first inclanation is to call someone you trust.
You must trust the right people

Oh there is one last thing to add... being concerned about staying in the car whilst it's front was against a crash barrier and the back was in the road, I pushed the car out of the ditch... up the road a little, then let it roll back down a bit so it could be strainght, then I put it half on the verg on the opposite side of the road...

anyway to cut a long story short,,, the car is only small (1.4 citreon AX) but I've also f***ed up and badly bruied my shoulder whilst trying to push and steer at the same time...

all I can say is thank god for hazzard lights, else there would have been several more accidents...

what really amazed me though is the amount of people that just sped past, where is their humanity?A few people did slow down and offer assistance though (I guess there is hope for the world yet)...

Talk about bad car days. Today, I just got a ticket this morning for not stopping at a stop sign. Damnit, now I have to go to traffic school plus pay the fine on top of that in order for it not to be on my record (or at least hidden anyways). Don't know how much it's going to cost me total, but I suspect in the hundreds for stop sign violations. Good thing I had my vehicle registration on me at the time. I usually misplace those things which is not good. Otherwise, I'd probably face getting my car impounded.

The funny thing is, I got caught right next to my workplace (on my way to work). The police pulled me over right into one of my work parking lots, sheeshhh. So close, but no cigar. The officer told me it was actually the supervisor of my workplace that called the police to patrol the intersection more because cars were not stopping. So now they're patrolling that area more closely and I happen to work there who just happen to get a ticket and the whole thing started with a phone call from my boss to the police department. Go figure.

Yeah. In a way, the world is turning rather cold. I guess it depends where you live though really and the sort of people you get. I do think the world does have some good people though. I would have stopped for instance if i was there....and could...well...drive :p

The cars replacable though...with a bit of money.
Your not, and at least you didn't damage yourself too much.

yes, I told my girlfriend and she was so worried she was physically sick... -despite my assuring her I was OK.

Yeah, i guess when you have a bad experience, your first inclanation is to call someone you trust.

well I've decided, the first thing I'm doing in the morning is (hand delivering -obviously) a bottle of whisky to say thanks for helping me.

Back
Top Bottom