Saved by a $3.99 keyboard...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I have had what I think is the worst accident in my shop today.
No I didn't cut off a finger. My other parts are intacted also.
But the cats hearing and their concept of the human vocabulary took a beating.
No today I did something really out of my normal habit when I closed the shop and headed for the bed.
I'm so miffed at Maglight and it ain't even their fault. I sure hope they can fix my flashlight. I did prove it can be mangled up pretty badly despite what they say about how tough it is.

Ok enought build up to the story.
I had told some online friends I was gonna go log off and take a nap. My routine is log off the forum and then log off AOL. I then turn off the lights in the shop and walk around the desk to the door. I always have time for my eyes to adjust to the light of the monitor and have no problem seeing. This time however I misjudged where the flashlight was in relation to my coffe mug and well, created my own little tidel wave of coffee. I hit the maglight which ramed in to the mug which was full.
Needless to say it drown the keyboard and the mouse. The wave unseen to me till later continued on to drown my fan controller and completely missing the left side case which has the motherboard in it. The fan controller taking the splash kept my hard drives nice and dry. However it didn't survive. Crap!!! 40 bucks gone in a flash. Oh well at least it wasn't my drives or my motherboard.
I know the rest of this is gonna sound like spam but if it does then report it.
I rarely give praise to a product unless it's really good and I have used it myself and for a good while. I have to add to that list of products I encourage others to use the name of Inland Products.
The keyboard is a 70009 pro and only costs $3.99USD. And the mouse is a H3003 and only costs $5.99USD. Because they make their products spill resistant, I was saved from loosing several thousand dollars worth of hardware alone and many many countless memories from being wasted.

Now don't go beating me up over being a cluts. I know this has happened to others. They just chose to cry in private. Let this serve as a warning to you coffee or beer or soda swilling keyboard pounders. A loose drink in the keyboard can court as sure a disaster as getting hit by lightning. I was lucky I had such a well built product to save my bacon...

aw, yea things like that can happen though.

Glad the mouse and keyboard still worked, though those are replacable...computer parts are...but not...espiecally if it got into the hard drive.

Glad nothing worse got damaged though :D

Note to you...back up your hard drive? :) clutz... :p joke

I spilt a drink of tea all over me the other day...it just slipped out of my hand when i was drinking it...ouch

Seti, most people tend to grab the flashlight BEFORE they turn off the lights. :D

I vividly remember the first episode you wrote about late last year. Is this cat the very same one?

Yes same cats...

The light has been sitting there in its spot for months. I knew it was there and never hit it before. Just today I got a little out of whack and this is what happened. But all's well that ends well.

Back
Top Bottom